Principal Activities of the Councils:
- Screening, reviewing and approval of research proposals.
- Providing technical guidance and possible support including services for scientists, researchers.
- Conducting training workshops in Health Systems Research Methodology, Research Management and other fields of research.
- Providing e-mail, photocopying and Med-line search facilities and other information for researchers for a free.
- Monitoring and evaluation of all the researches conducted at the field level.
- Providing various kind of Research Grants to the most deserving researchers.
- Compiling research related books, research reports, national and international scientific journals and Bulletins.
- Publishing and archiving research related materials including publication of Research Journals, Bulletins and Reports.
- Networking of health researchers and research institutions / agencies / organizations involved in health research Serving as a repository for research related information and resources.
- Disseminating activities for research based information.
- Development of research proposals on health related sciences.
- Developing and conducting collaborative research with research institutions / agencies / organizations within and outside Nepal.
- Making collaborative work with WHO, bilateral, multilateral and other funding agencies / organizations.
- Developing the research units in the five development regions of Nepal and coordinating the overall aspects of health research in these regions.
Special Rights of the Council:
- The council may issue necessary directives terms and conditions to the person or organization involved in research work relating to health under section 11 of NHRC Act No. 29 of the year 1991 (Research means research involving examination).
- In case any person or organization carries out research works without obtaining permission under Section 11 or does not abide by the terms and conditions as prescribed by the Council while carrying out research work, the Council may warn such person or organization or prohibit carrying out the research work for a specified period.